29 Apr 2011

A WEDDING...OR TWO

I can’t post today without mentioning Thee Wedding! I’ve been listening to the Radio 2 commentary all morning; all the build up is so exciting! I’ll switch over to the live streaming online and then I may even partake in a bit of (non-official) street partying! The organisers have put so much effort in and got the whole community involved, but the council and police are adamant that it can’t take place. Such a shame, but hopefully that won’t stop everyone having fun and gathering in a couple of gardens with some cream teas!

Continuing the wedding theme, I thought it would be appropriate to show the ‘Save the Date’ that I designed for my friends Gillian and Derek. The invitation will be along the same lines, but more detailed and formal.




They are getting married in a beautiful castle that dates back to the 1400’s, in Donegal, Northern Ireland. So in contrast, it was important for Gillian that the Save the date represented them as a young and relaxed couple. It also fits in with their decoration theme of an ‘English Country Garden’…or make that ‘Irish Country Garden!?” lol.